You are viewing the article How to make a rustic Tay Son roll cake, typical of the land of Binh Dinh at Creativekindercare.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Binh Dinh, a picturesque province located in the central region of Vietnam, is renowned for its stunning landscapes, rich culture, and delectable cuisine. Among the many delightful dishes that originate from this region, the rustic Tay Son roll cake stands out as a true culinary gem. This traditional dessert, named after the Tay Son period in Vietnamese history, captures the essence of Binh Dinh with its unique flavors and charming rustic appearance. In this guide, we will take you through the step-by-step process of crafting a perfect Tay Son roll cake, allowing you to savor the authentic taste and experience the cultural heritage of this remarkable land. So, get ready to embark on a delightful culinary journey as we dive into the secrets behind making a rustic Tay Son roll cake.
Tay Son roll cake is not only delicious but it also provides a full range of nutrients. What are you waiting for, do not cook this dish for your family. Join Creativekindercare.edu.vn to learn how to make a rustic Tay Son roll cake, typical of the land of Binh Dinh!
15 Minutes Processing
30 Minutes For
2 – 3 people
Ingredients for making Tay Son rolls
- 300g pork belly
- 200g fried ram
- 150g sausage
- 150g grilled spring rolls
- 100g white tofu
- 100g bean sprouts
- 5 chicken eggs
- 50g peanuts
- 200 gr rice paper or sesame rice paper
- Garlic, chili, lemon, cucumber
- Served with raw vegetables (optional as salad)
Good tips for choosing pork:
– When choosing bacon, you should press your finger into the meat to see if it is elastic again right away, without water and not viscous , this piece of meat is fresh and delicious. For a more delicious barbecue, you should choose pork belly or shoulder meat.
When you go to buy meat, you should choose a piece of meat with a bright pink color, the color is not too light because the pork that has been left for a long time will have a light color, a bad smell and turn green.
– You should choose meat with a fat ratio of about 20-30% because too much fat will be difficult to eat and too lean meat will dry out when grilled.
How to cook Tay Son rolls
Step 1Marinating and grilling meat
First, you need to wash the bacon with dilute salt water to clean it and wash it with clean water and then let it dry.
Then, you need to cut the bacon into small pieces, just eat and marinate with the following spices : 1 teaspoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon seasoning, 1 teaspoon MSG, 1 teaspoon sugar. You will marinate the meat for 30 minutes so that the meat is fully absorbed.
After marinating the meat, you can grill it on a charcoal or electric stove. Remember to turn it over and over so the meat doesn’t burn and wait until the meat is evenly red-brown on both sides, then the meat is cooked.
– Poached bacon with boiling water mixed with a little white wine. Poached bacon with crushed ginger or purple onion.
– When grilling meat with a charcoal stove, you have to wait for the embers to bake the meat because coal smoke is not good for health. When grilling meat on the grill, you should brush a little oil so that the meat does not stick to the grill
Step 2Boil the egg
Bring 5 eggs to boil and when the eggs are cooked, you should soak them in cold water to make it easier to peel the eggs.
After peeling, you should cut the egg into 2 equal parts .
Step 3Fried white tofu
First, cut the tofu into small pieces, just eat and then fry , until the beans are golden . You can replace this tofu with ky tofu.
Good tips for frying tofu:
– You should fry tofu in a moderate amount because if you fry a lot of tofu, it will stick together, it is difficult to turn over, making the tofu crushed and not crispy.
– Wait for the oil to boil , then drop the tofu in because the tofu will stick to the pan if the oil is not hot.
– You should turn off the heat, tilt the cooking oil to one side and wait for the pan to cool down if the tofu sticks to the pan because this helps the tofu come off on its own.
Step 4Wash raw vegetables
Take all raw vegetables such as lettuce, herbs, bean sprouts and cucumbers to wash and soak in dilute salt water and then drain.
Then, cut the cucumber into long pieces or thin slices for easier rolling.
Step 5Make dipping sauce
First, you need to roast peanuts until golden brown and bring peanuts to grind until puree.
Then, make the dipping sauce according to the following recipe: 1.5 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon sugar, minced garlic and chili. Finally, you add the ground peanuts to the dipping sauce and stir well.
Step 6Roll cake
You rub a little water on the rice paper to make the rice paper softer. Then, you will put the rice paper on a cutting board or mat and then proceed to the prepared ingredients including: Grilled meat, boiled egg, cucumber, spring rolls, spring rolls, bean sprouts, fried tofu (or ky tofu) OK) and then roll them up tightly !
>> See more: Summary of 12 ways to make rolls at home as delicious as outside
Tay Son roll cake is a great combination of ingredients with fragrant peanut sauce. You can feel the aromatic flavor of grilled meat, the aroma of raw vegetables, the plasticity of rice paper,… This is a typical flavor for the land of Binh Dinh that you cannot ignore.
Above are the details of how to make Tay Son rolls that Creativekindercare.edu.vn has compiled. Hope this information is useful to you. Have a nice day!
Buy fish sauce to make dipping sauce for Tay Son rolls at Creativekindercare.edu.vn
In conclusion, the rustic Tay Son roll cake, typical of the land of Binh Dinh, embodies the rich cultural heritage and culinary traditions of the region. With its unique flavor profile and delicate presentation, this dessert showcases the ingenuity and creativity of the people of Binh Dinh. By following the step-by-step instructions on how to make this traditional cake, anyone can recreate a piece of Binh Dinh’s history and indulge in its delicious flavors. Whether it is for a special occasion or simply to satisfy one’s sweet tooth, the rustic Tay Son roll cake is a delightful treat that is sure to impress. As we explore the culinary treasures of various regions, we gain a deeper appreciation for the cultural tapestry that weaves us together. So, take a journey to the land of Binh Dinh through the delectable flavors of the rustic Tay Son roll cake and experience the taste of tradition and heritage.
Thank you for reading this post How to make a rustic Tay Son roll cake, typical of the land of Binh Dinh at Creativekindercare.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.
1. “Traditional Tay Son roll cake recipe”
2. “Step-by-step guide for making Binh Dinh roll cake”
3. “Ingredients needed for rustic Tay Son roll cake”
4. “Authentic Binh Dinh roll cake filling ideas”
5. “Tips for rolling the perfect Tay Son roll cake”
6. “Variations of Tay Son roll cake from Binh Dinh”
7. “Traditional tools used in making rustic roll cakes”
8. “How to achieve a rustic look for Tay Son roll cake”
9. “Baking temperature and time for Binh Dinh roll cake”
10. “Historical background of Tay Son roll cake in Binh Dinh province”